Going hiking with your beloved dog is such an amazing adventure, and I believe that it can refresh you and your dog while you are having fun climbing the rocks together. However, you should be careful about how you are embracing this journey. The right equipment is just as important as the right companion. This is why a good dog hiking harness is important for the safety of your four-legged friend in the mountains.
You might be wondering why you would need a special hiking harness for your dog instead of a leash and a collar that can get the job done as well. We will explore the reasons in the following articles. but let’s start with our first and top pick in case you want to delve into the crux of the issue, or may I say the products.
11 Best Dog Hiking Harnesses in 2023
|Rank||Picture||Name||Where to Buy|
|1||Ruffwear WebMaster||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Kurgo Tru-Fit Dog Harness||Buy On Amazon|
|3||EzyDog Convert Trail-Ready||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Ruffwear Doubleback||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Outward Hound Daypak||Buy On Amazon|
|6||TOPSOSO No-Pull Dog Harness||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Kurgo Journey Dog Harness||See It On Amazon|
|8||ThinkPet No Pull Harness||Buy On Amazon|
|9||DoggyDobby Dog Hiking||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Didog Hiking Dog Harness||Buy On Amazon|
|11||OneTigris Dog Backpack for Hiking||Buy On Amazon|
Why do you Need a Hiking Dog Harness?
You might be wondering what’s the point of getting a hiking harness for your dog, a leash probably could work just as well, right?
Well, not really. The terrain of the mountains is kinda rough and can be challenging for your dog, especially if it’s a long hike.
A dog hiking harness is made to withstand pulling and lifting so you can assist your dog in this fun mountain climbing. Your dog wants to enjoy the hike with you, at least make it safe for him to do so.
A good hiking harness should also provide better control for you, making your hike much less of a hassle and more fun.
The Best Dog Hiking Harnesses in 2023 Reviews
1. Ruffwear WebMaster
This is by far the best possible option you can ever get for hiking. If our words of recommendation can’t convince you, perhaps the fact that it’s used by the avalanche rescue dog team would change your mind.
Here is why Ruffwear Web Master is the best pick out there:
- The design of the hiking harness provides maximum safety from the most challenging terrains.
- Ruffwear Web Master has a handle that can help you lift your dog and help him whenever stuck in a tough climb. The handle is strong and padded to provide comfortable lifting.
- Rugged and made of high-quality materials that you can trust to last for years.
- The reflective trim is helpful at darr periods, helping you see your dog when the light is scarce.
- The chest area padded with foam, and the belly contains adjustable straps to fit your dog comfortably.
You can’t go wrong with Ruffwear WebMaster if you are looking for THE best dog hiking harnesses, this why we suggest it confidently to our readers’ thanks to its plethora of positive points that make it a great option for any dog owner who enjoys hiking.
2. Kurgo Tru-Fit Dog Harness
The second-best option if only Ruffwear didn’t exist, but it has some merits that make it stand out more than other hiking harnesses.
Here are the reasons you should consider Kurgo Tru-Fit:
- One of the lightest and most comfortable dogs harnesses you can buy for your beloved friend.
- Multiple sizes, you will find the one that can easily fit your dog.
- Quick-release buckles are always appreciated and help tons in hiking.
- You get a dog seatbelt as well! it’s 10 inches tether that you can use while driving with your dog so he won’t distract you from driving.
- Lifetime warranty that’s not available with any other manufacture but Kurgo.
Take notes tho of the following point before making your purchase, check if they are a deal-breaker for you:
- Not ideal for water environment.
- For hiking purposes, other options could provide better durability.
3. EzyDog Convert Trail-Ready Dog Harness
Simple yet effective is the key point here. EzyDog made one of the simplest yet most durable dog harnesses you can buy for your dog.
Here is what makes us suggest EzyDog Convert Trail-Ready for you:
- Strong and reliable polyester is found on the outside for maximum durability, while soft cotton padding is found on the inside for maximum comfort.
- Breathable materials help your dog to feel comfortable in the harness for long walks or trials.
- The chest strap can be fully adjustable and thus can provide both security and comfort.
- 7 Different size, you will definitely find the right fit for your do
- You can get your dog name printed on a custom side badge on the harness which could help in identifying your dog if he ran away.
- You can remove it easily with one click, which is quite handy while going on a walk.
4. Ruffwear Doubleback
Nothing can work best for the heaviest of hiking other than Ruffwear Doubleback. Made to last and withstand, it’s an ideal option for hiking enthusiasts.
Here are why you should take it into consideration:
- Made with rock climbing in mind, ensuring that it can withstand the harshest of terrain for your beloved dog.
- RuffWear cares about your dog safe and thus, the harness is supported in all of your dog’s sensitive and exposed area.
- Lifting your dog in a challenging hike has never been easier thanks to the harness design with the reinforced handle, with plenty of loops for support and stability while carrying your dog to the safety.
- No more cheap plastic buckles! Made with high-grade anodized aluminum buckles that won’t disappoint you.
- Your dog will thank you for the immense customizability of the harness. With 7 different points to adjust.
- Comfort is still there with padded belly and leg loops.
5. Outward Hound Daypak
If you want something that can make your dog more reliable while hiking, this is the one for you. With Outward Hound DayPak, your dog will always be ready for you to hike and have fun with you. It’s made for beginners and can be a great addition for light hikes.
Here are some of the reasons to consider it:
- Each dog is different, this is why DayPak has immense adjustability to fit your dog perfectly and smoothly.
- Made with a breathable mesh which makes the Daypak comfortable for hikes and won’t cause discomfort for your four-pawed friend.
- Your dog can carry your loose items and you can have the peace of mind and clarity to hike and enjoy the experience fully.
- Contain reflective piping that enhances your dog in nightly hikes.
- Stylish and comfortable, a great option for beginners.
6. TOPSOSO No-Pull Dog Harness
You can get optimal protection for your dog with a full-body dog harness. The No-Pull option for TOPSOSO can prove to be an immensely good alternative for collars in long and tiring hiking.
You can consider it due to these reasons:
- Oxford material covers the outer layer, which means you can ensure it’s scratch resistant and durable for the most challenging of hikes.
- The design of the harness ensures that it’s easy to put on your dog as well as taking it off.
- Enforced with zinc alloy D-Ring that allows you to carry your dog in tough terrain.
- Nylon webbing on the harness is reflective, thus helping in the visibility of your dog in night hikes.
- Duraflex buckles can withstand large amounts of pressure.
7. Kurgo Journey Dog Harness
We know we have recommended a lot from Kurgo, and it’s not a surprise. Kurgo offers a multitude of options that never fails to provide something new to the table. Kurgo Journey is made for flexibility and comfort.
Here are some reasons to consider it:
- Active dog harness that strikes the perfect balance between being safe as well as being comfortable for a multitude of activities.
- The V-Neck design provides your dog with the needed comfort to move freely.
- Comes with a 10-inch lead that you can use as a car harness for the safe drive home after the exciting hike.
- Contains a back handle that you can use to lift your dog up in a tough hiking situation.
- 3 Different colors and 5 different sizes, ranging from x-small for the smallest of dogs breeds to x-large for the biggest ones, you will definitely find the perfect fit for your dog.
- Kurgo customer service is one of the best at assisting in any of your issues with the harness.
- The lifetime warranty is unmatched compared to any other brand, Kurgo is dedicated to excellence and customer satisfaction so you can buy worry-free.
8. ThinkPet No Pull Harness
Another full-body harness can provide the comfort and flexibility needed for your dog at an affordable price.
The reasons for the recommendation are below:
- With a multitude of sizes, your dog will definitely find the right fit for him/her.
- Quite suitable for active dogs who might try to escape the harness. The widened strap makes it hard to escape from it even for the most challenging dogs.
- The premium nylon coating can help in tough and sharp terrain.
- While the outer is sturdy nylon, the inner is a breathable padded mesh that can ensure your pet’s comfort.
- If you are hiking at night, this harness can surely make the night hike.
9. DoggyDobby Dog Hiking And Running Harness
A truly smart option for those who go on plenty of hikes and need their dog to carry their precious items.
Here are the reasons for consideration:
- The harness works as a saddle bag that can help your dog carry your stuff such as keys and ID cards so you can enjoy the hike.
- Provides plenty of comfort with cushioned inside and soft padding.
- High durability thanks to the 1000D oxford fabric that’s strong enough for the toughest hikes.
- The adjustable straps will make sure that it can easily fit your dog.
- The buckles are separated with soft fabric that is gentle for your dog’s fur.
- Affordable with 2 years warranty.
10. Didog Hiking Dog Harness
If your dog is an escape artist who can’t take a harness for the hike, then this product is for him/her. Made with clever dogs in mind, the Didog is designed to ensure your dog remains in place while hiking.
Here is why we recommend it for your next hike:
- Challenging for the most energetic of dogs, they will remain in the harness even while running in the hike.
- adjustable straps that can fit your dog and provide comfort as well as ease of use.
- Air mesh is durable and provides comfort and ventilation for your dog’s delicate body.
- Multiple tension points that can ensure your dog would always be safe in hiking as well as soft padded inside.
- Amazon’s choice which is labeled as inescapable.
11. OneTigris Dog Backpack for Hiking
We saved the best for last. OneTigris is known for some of the sturdiest and toughest dog harnesses that can withstand the most challenging of tracks and hikes. They are also well known for their Tactical Dog Harnesses that are used for serious adventures.
Here are the reasons it should be your next hiking harness:
- 1000D nylon is proved to be dependable in long and tough hikes as it’s immensely durable.
- The mesh lining in the harness provides the essential comfort your dog’s need to enjoy the trip.
- Comes with 3L pouches that can carry all of your essential items such as keys and ID cards.
- Buckles are UTX Duraflex which are sturdy and make putting the harness on and off a breeze.
- The grab handle is reinforced so you can carry your dog when the terrains are too tough for him/her.
- Amazon’s choice and a reputable brand make it easy to buy it without worry.
With all of these options, you will definitely find the right hiking harness for your dog. and it’s really essential to find the one fitting for your hiking needs as well as being fitting for your dog’s comfort. Make sure to check all the options, check for the feature you find necessary in a good hike, and start browsing our list for the best fit for your needs.
That’s all we have for today, if you happen to have any question or a product that you want us to review, make sure to contact us or leave a comment and we will make sure to reply to you as soon as possible. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Leave a Comment