Having a Dog Ball Launcher has become a must these days, it is hard to find plenty of time to play with your dog. With affordable prices, you can have a fun time with your dog with minimal effort.
For your companion’s health, you need to introduce physical activities in his / her daily routine, your dog does his exercise in a fun way.
Throwing balls and fetching them is not only a fun activity that improves your dog’s health and increases their muscle mass but also strengthens the bond between you and your dog.
Dogs always love to play especially with their friends and have a lot of energy and power that can make you get tired after a few minutes. Continuous ball throwing can also harm your arm, but you need to make your dog happy and play with him.
If you are searching for a way to make your dogs play with balls as they wish without making you tired, then Automatic ball launchers are the answer to your question.
In this article, we will make a list of The Best Dog Ball Launchers for your dog you can find in the market and the properties of each one to choose The Best For Your Dog.
Best Automatic Dog Ball Launchers
The following list contains The Best Automatic Ball Launchers in 2022, it is considered a great option to entertain your dog.
You don’t need to throw the ball by yourself, ball launchers offer independent play with different designs to meet your demands.
Best Dog Ball Launcher
1. IDOGATE Interactive Automatic Tennis Ball Thrower
One of The Best Automatic Ball Launchers in the market this year, so it will be our first option for your dog.
The main advantage of IDODMATE automatic ball launcher is that your pup can easily operate the launcher and play when you are out.
The design of the launcher will entertain you and your dog, it is very easy and full of fun. You just need to feed the launcher with a small tennis ball into the hooper and shoot it out.
Best Features of IDODMATE Automatic Ball:
- There are many options in IDODMATE automatic ball thrower. You will find two different sizes to suit your dog breed, large dogs will need different options than small ones.
- IDODMATE automatic ball is designed to be used indoor and outdoor with different throwing distances you can choose according to the space where your dog plays.
- There is a fun option in this device that will throw the ball in a random manner to keep your dog guessing every time the ball is thrown, this option is suitable for gardens and outdoors, or you can choose the throwing distance of 10, 20, 30, or 35 feet.
- This launcher can be powered either by an AC adapter or a rechargeable battery to be convenient outdoors.
2. iFetch Too Interactive Ball Launcher
iFetch Too is a popular brand, and this ball launcher is designed specifically for larger breeds.
If you have a large dog we recommend iFetch Too interactive ball launcher, due to these incredible following features:
Best Features of iFetch Automatic Ball:
- iFetch launcher can be powered by a rechargeable battery, this means you don’t have to replace the battery with a new one when the old ones run out. This feature will save your time and effort, and make your time with your dog just a fun time and you will not ever be tired.
- The second feature is the best, in my opinion, you can use a regular tennis ball to feed your iFetch launcher. You don’t need to search the internet for specific balls, and for the first time, this ball thrower comes with 3 tennis balls that are around 2.5 inches in diameter. If the stock balls that come with the device get dirty or damaged, you can use the regular tennis balls that are found easily in the market.
- There are multiple options to choose the best launching distance and the pattern of throwing for your dog.
- You can find three different launching distances: 10, 25, and 40 feet. Choosing the distances depends on the place you have, there is a button to choose the distance you want or you can try the random setting to keep the game even more fun for your pup.
- iFetch ball thrower can be used both indoors and outdoors due to this feature.
Important To You: Hyper Dog Ball Launcher Thrower Review
3. IDOGMATE Automatic Dog Ball Launcher Toy
For small and medium dogs the ball launcher from IDOGMATE can be your best choice, it is small and the design of the device is so cute and very convenient for your small dogs.
The balls of this device are small in size to suit the mouth of your dog. You shouldn’t buy this auto launcher for large dogs, they will find the ball too small and can’t play with it easily.
It is better to buy a fetch launcher as we mentioned above for large breeds.
The following features of IDOGMATE launcher make it the best for your dog:
- The rechargeable battery and charging cord are considered the first advantage of this device, as it will be easy to recharge your launchers when the battery runs off giving you several hours of non-stop fun.
- You don’t have to buy balls to start using your auto launcher, as the device comes with 3 non-abrasive 2-inch tennis balls.
- If the launcher balls are damaged or get lost, you can replace them easily.
- There are plenty of brands selling packs of 2-inch balls for dog ball launchers.
- The device is supplied with different launching distances to choose from.
- There are three settings 10, 20, and 30 feet, this option allows you to use the device indoors and outdoors according to the space you have.
- The last feature of IDOGMATE automatic launcher is the dog treat compartment, the device is supplied with a specific compartment you can put your dog treats in.
- This unique feature will not only make your dog do exercise and have fun but also it will reward the pup with a treat every time it throws the ball back into the launcher.
- You can use this launcher to train your dog in a fun way.
4. PetPrime Automatic Ball Launcher & Thrower
If you have a dog that has love colors, then PetPrime launcher will make your dog very happy.
The design of the device is colorful and stylish, it is also easy to use and most dogs love it.
Playball Automatic ball launcher has many features that will make it a good choice for your dog include:
- The device is very easy to use, and your pup can operate it by itself.
- Playball will automatically throw the ball and your dog will try to fetch it, as soon as the dog drops the fetched ball into the device, it will be ready to shoot out the ball in just a couple of seconds.
- You can entertain your dog when you are away and for a long period of time.
- The device comes with a rechargeable battery and a power cord to recharge your launcher when it is run out.
- For outdoors it will be easy to use and recharge, you can take it with you in your picnics and gardens.
- Instead of using regular tennis balls that are prone to getting quickly soaked in saliva and covered in the dirt during an outside play session, Playball designers decided to go for smooth plastic balls that are resistant to saliva and other debris.
- If you have a small dog with a petite mouth, you will find the size of the balls matches your dog’s size.
- The device comes with three 1.5-inch balls, so it is perfect for small breeds.
- PetPrime launcher has three launching distances, these settings can be automatically adjusted.
- You can adjust the distance to suit the place you choose to play in.
Important To You: Mr Quackers Dog Toy Review
5. PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher Dog Toy
If you are searching for an automatic dog ball launcher for a reasonable price, then PetSafe Launcher will be a good choice.
PetSafe is a popular and well-known brand that offers the biggest variety of features of ball launchers in the market, it is considered an economic option for dog owners.
The device has the following features:
- PetSafe comes with multiple launching options, which will surprise your dog every time a ball is launched and prevent it from getting used to the same throwing distance.
- The device has different 9 launching distance settings.
- Not only this but there are 6 angle settings also. this unique feature you will find in the PetSafe auto launcher only at a reasonable price.
- In summer you can use your PetSafe launcher around the pool, as the device is designed to be water-resistant.
- The device is powered by either a power cord or replaceable batteries, you can choose the best way according to the palace where you use it.
- This launcher can also be used indoors and outdoors and most dogs like it.
- PetSafe divides your dog playtime in a session pattern, every 15 minutes of play, the device is automatically paused for another 15 minutes.
- Your pup doesn’t get exhausted by the exercise and playing.
- The device can be fed with standard regular tennis balls that can be easily replaced.
- For small dogs, you can use smaller 2.5-inch balls without any problems.
- For safety issues, PetSafe dog ball launcher comes with a sound system that alerts the dog and the owner before the launch.
- This alarm also works before the 15-minute pause and ends to train the dog more efficiently.
- For extra safety, this device is equipped with multiple sensors that eliminate the possibility of throwing a ball into the people or dogs standing in front of the device.
Best Manual Ball Launcher
If you are a dog owner who is looking for a fun way to spend time with their dogs at an affordable price, manual dog ball launchers are what you are searching for.
Manual launchers don’t have many features as automatic devices, but they are an economic and fun choice for your dog.
Manual dog ball launchers are more suitable for users who have the time to play with their dog but experience trouble with throwing the ball to the required distance.
1. Chuckit! Dog Ball Launcher
The first manual launcher in our list is Chuckit ball launcher, the design of this device is very easy to use, and most dog owners who buy this launcher operate it without any problems.
The manual launcher has the following features:
- You can use Chuckit launcher not just in your backyard or dog park, but also at the beach, as the tennis ball that comes with the launcher can float on water.
- The device is 12 inches in size and does not need a large space to store, this also makes it very convenient in travel as it is considered weightless.
- You can use different ball sizes according to your dog size, this is allowing you to pick the right ball size and throwing distance for your pup.
- Chuckit can not only throw the ball but also pick it up without bending over.
- This feature is very useful for owners who get tired easily.
Important To You: Best Interactive Dog Toys
2. Franklin Pet Supply Tennis Ball Launcher
Franklin Pet Supply Dog Tennis Ball Launcher has the same construction as the Chuckit! Launcher that we mentioned above.
This similarity makes them share many of their features, but the manufacturer of the Kyjen Flik-It launcher adds some features to the design of the device.
Franklin Pet Supply has the following features:
- If you are suffering from back or shoulder problems and you cannot throw the ball far enough for your dog’s enjoyment, this launcher is an ideal choice due to its simple construction.
- You can substitute the tennis ball that comes with the device with a regular tennis ball.
- These balls are cheap and available in many places.
- Franklin Pet Supply device allows you to effortlessly pick up the ball with an automatic gravity lock.
- Now you can throw the ball an unlimited number of times without getting tired.
3. Hyper Pet K9 Kannon Ball Launcher
Young dog owners who love firearms will find the design of The K9 Kannon ball launcher from Hyper Pet is the best.
This manual ball launcher looks like a futuristic firearm. The construction of the device will make the time you spend with your dog full of fun, and it is easy to be used by all dog owners.
The K9 Kannon manual ball launcher Has the following features:
- The hands-free ball pickup mechanism makes you don’t have to bend over and get up to feed the device with balls.
- Due to this mechanism, the manufacturer guarantees hours of constant fun without back pain.
- The K9 Kannon manual ball launcher allows you to effortlessly shoot a ball up to 75 feet.
- The device is super quiet and very easy to operate, it doesn’t produce any frightening sounds when it shoots balls.
- The launcher can be fed with regular tennis balls, it also comes with a ball that has the dimensions of a standard tennis ball.
- The ball is made from pet-safe rubber to be safe or your dogs if they try to chew it.
- The device has an extra ball compartment, which makes it ideal for long outdoor play and fetches playing.
4. Hyper Pet Ball Launcher
This launcher is also from Hyper Pet brand, the design is specific for bigger, very active dogs.
This device from Hyper Pet looks more high-tech than K9 Kannon and has these following features:
- You can easily transport your ball launcher, as it has a very convenient design that can be simply folded in your bag and needs no assembly.
- The device comes with 4 standard tennis balls, you don’t have to look for a new ball every time the old one is lost or chewed up.
- You will be able to throw balls up to 200 feet, so make sure your pup is up for the challenge!
- The device is resistant to rust and chipping, as it is made of stainless steel.
5. Dog Ball Launcher / Thrower By Yommy Paws
Yommy Paws dog ball launcher comes with one lightweight plastic launcher and one Santander tennis ball to start your playing session as soon as you buy the device.
This device Has the following features:
- You can choose the color your pet prefers from a variety of colors.
- Money-back guarantee if there are any deficits in your device.
- The device offers you a hands-free pick up mechanism, this makes you operate the launcher without getting tired.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an Automatic Dog Ball Launcher?
An automatic launcher offers you a great way to keep your pup physically active and entertained, it also maintains a special bond between you and your dog.
The auto fetcher helps your pooch get over your regular long absences from home.
An automatic ball thrower is a device that launches dog balls, usually tennis-sized, to a distance between 10 and 30 feet. You can choose the distance settings according to the place you are playing in.
2. Do Dog Ball Launchers Require Special Balls?
Absolutely not, most dog ball launchers available in the market today work with tennis-sized balls that can be easily replaced with standard tennis balls once the original ones can no longer be used.
However, some models use different sizes of balls or specifically prohibit the owners from using anything other than proprietary balls.
Other models that are specific for small breeds are using balls smaller than regular tennis balls to match the mouth size of petite dogs.
3. How Does an Automatic Dog Ball Thrower Work?
An automatic ball thrower for dogs is simply shooting balls to a previously adjusted distance for your dog to fetch them.
The launcher can be operated by your dog as the ball can be picked up by the dog and dropped in the launcher to be thrown again.
This cycle can be repeated for as long as your dog enjoys it or until the batteries need to be recharged.
Most launchers are supplied with rechargeable batteries and power cord to recharge your launcher easily and use it outdoors.
4. How Far Do Automatic Dog Ball Launchers Throw Balls?
There are also some outdoor models that can throw the ball up to 50 feet, but the standard throwing distance range available in most dog ball thrower models in the market is between 10 and 30 feet.
It is better to adjust the throwing distance settings so that your pup is not able to predict where the ball will land and is constantly alert.
5. How To Teach a Dog to Use an Automatic Ball Launcher?
Many dog owners think that all dogs can instantly get the gist of using an automatic ball launcher, but while it’s not completely true, as for some dogs species can learn to operate the machine in no time, other pups require a bit of training to get used to the new device.
Here are a few tips to help you and your canine companion to master the specifics of an automatic tennis ball launcher for dogs.
- You should start with fetch sessions that last not more than 10 minutes and don’t initiate more than 3 sessions a day to prevent your dog from getting bored or feeling like playing fetch is an obligation rather than his new favorite pastime.
- You need to reinforce any actions towards the launcher, not just playing fetch.
- This strategy is considered to be very effective for making your dog get used to the automatic ball launcher.
- Even if your dog is scared to even walk to the device, soon he will get more comfortable with it.
- As your dog gets more comfortable around the tennis ball gun, he will eventually learn to drop the ball where it needs to go.
- Only positive reinforcement with treats and praise will work as a long-term solution.
- You should not force anything if you don’t want your pup to completely hate the device
- The most important point of the training process is teaching your pup to drop the ball back into the launcher.
- It may not happen overnight, so you should start by rewarding any ball drops that happen near the launcher.
- Remember to only reward the drops that happen after your commands, not on the dog’s own volition.
- This point is very important in your training process.
6. How Far Should My Dog Stand Back From The Ball Launcher Before The Ball Launches?
The Motion Sensor detects movement from up to 2 meters away. Your dog should be standing behind that distance or to the side of the launch pocket area, out of view of the Motion Sensor
7. How Many Dogs Can Use The Ball Launcher at once?
There is no limit to how many dogs can use the Ball Launcher at one time, however, the game of fetch may be more enjoyable with 3 or fewer dogs playing at once.
8. Will My Dog know When To Stop Playing and Take a break?
Fortunately, the Ball Launcher is equipped with safety settings that prevent a dog from overworking themselves. The machine will play for 15 minutes, then rest for 15 minutes.
Dog Ball Launcher Buying Guide
Benefits of Buying a Tennis Ball Launcher for Your Dog
Dogs are actually animals trained for hunting and they need to have physical activity in their daily routine to make them feel healthier and happier.
You should not limit these physical activities in your dog’s life, as this can lead to your pet becoming physically weak, less energetic, or even more aggressive. Many dog owners are considered dogs as their family, you must care about your dog’s physical health and share your time with them.
Playing throw-and-fetch is one of the first games you will learn with your dog. This game is considered a favorite activity for many dog owners and all dog species. One of the strongest instincts in most dog breeds is fetching, especially in some breeds like Labrador Retrievers who are trained to fetch things for their owners.
These days, no one has the luxury to just spend hours with our dogs playing throw-and-fetch. Because of this, an automatic dog tennis ball launcher has been one of the greatest inventions in the pet product market.
There are many benefits to buying a tennis ball launcher for your dog including:
- When you buy a tennis ball launcher, you will not only improve your dog’s physique but also develop his mental abilities and keep his mind constantly stimulated.
- Playing with the launcher for just 30 minutes every day will keep your pooch alert and mentally active.
- If you often leave your dog on his own when you go to work or run errands, an automatic dog ball thrower can help your pup stay entertained and physically active even when you are not around.
- All you need to buy an auto ball fetcher and train your pup to use it by himself.
- Introducing your pup to the ball launcher brings an element of surprise to your dog’s life and improves his confidence as he learns to operate the machine better.
- Buying an automatic ball launcher for dogs is considered a great way to keep your dog in shape, maintain its health, and help him lose weight by constantly fetching the ball.
- If you have any physical problems preventing you from engaging in throw-and-fetch regularly with your dog, an automatic ball launcher for dogs can be the best solution for maintaining that special bond without too much effort.
- You don’t have to bend several times to pick the balls and throw them, your dog will do all the physical work and you just need to have fun.
Important To You: Best Indestructible Dog Toys
Important Features to Consider before buying a dog ball launcher for your dog:
Indoor or outdoor
If most of your fetch sessions will happen in a large backyard or somewhere in nature or even around the swimming pool, you will find plenty of outdoor ball throwers to satisfy your pup’s needs and cover throwing distances up to 5 feet.
While if you are planning to use the dog ball thrower mainly indoors, look for a device with a short shooting range that is completely safe to use in limited spaces.
Some models are also provided by a sound system to alarm you and your dogs before throwing the ball for more safety options.
Throwing Distance settings
Having an automatic fetcher with multiple distance settings is a more useful feature than you might think.
Therefore most advanced models of ball throwers for dogs come with this feature, which allows you to use the same dog ball launcher with multiple dogs.
Changing the throwing distance will prevent your pooch from getting bored with repetitive play and make him excited during the fetching session.
Like we mentioned above most dog ball launcher models can be fed with standard tennis ball-sized balls, which should fit the requirements of most medium and large dog breeds.
If you have a small dog, you should consider buying a ball launcher designed specifically for small breeds that are equipped with mini tennis balls for safe play.
Automatic dog ball launchers are definitely more expensive than manual launchers, so the aspect of price is an important one.
The price of the launcher is related to the features of the device. When you are shopping on a budget, think about the features you can easily live without making the purchasing process easier.
It isn’t recommended to buy a launcher that costs under $100 due to quality concerns. You will pay up to $200 for a suitable automatic ball thrower.