Taking your dog on car trips can be refreshing for it. Not only does it make your dog experience a new way of seeing the world, but it can also help you feel better with your lovely dog by your side on the trip. This is why knowing which is The Best Car Harnesses For Dogs is important. This is to ensure that your dog is safe. It has been even required by the law that your dog must have a dog harness according to Rule 57 of the Highway Code to avoid a fine that can reach up to 2,500$!
Even if you don’t care about the law, there are plenty of reasons that should convince you of the importance of Dog Car Harnesses. and we will explain these reasons in the next paragraph. as well as a list of The Best Car Harnesses For Dogs. So, follow along!
Why Does Your Dog Need a Car harnesses?
- To keep your dog safe in case of an unfortunate crash.
- To make sure your dog doesn’t distract you while driving.
- A good car dog harness can give you peace of mind while driving that nothing can harm you or your dog.
- To avoid a fine in some states that require dog harness.
Now that we know why you need a car harness for your dog, here is what you should look for while choosing one.
What to look for while buying a car harness for your dog?
There are a few stuff that you should take care of while making the purchase choice, here are the points you should give it your attention while picking one:
- The Size: You need to make sure that what you are buying can fit your lovely dog. You can do that by already knowing the measurements of your dog before buying and checking if the harness can match that. The most important part is your dog’s chest, neck, and length of your dog.
- Crash tested: Expensive dog car harnesses are expensive for a reason: They have been tested for crashing and thus are certified by the Center Of Pet Safety. They can be hard on your wallet but they can also give you the safety that even in the most unfortunate events, your beloved dog will be okay.
- Warranty: Only a few sellers actually provide a lifetime warranty, this is why you should check how long the car harness is covered under the warranty in case of any defects or degradation of material with time.
- Comfort: Your dog has to feel comfortable in the dog harness in order to be able to use, otherwise your dog might hate it and keep biting and trying to get out of it. Check the padding of the harness as well as the material used in it to ensure it can provide the comfort that your dog deserves.
- Seatbelt attachment: Not all harnesses come with seatbelt attachment and some of them sell it separately.
Top 6 Car Harnesses for Dogs in 2023
|Rank||Picture||Name||Where to Buy|
|1||Kurgo Tru-Fit Crash-Tested Dog Harness||See It On Amazon|
|2||Mighty Paw Vehicle Safety Harness||See It On Amazon|
|3||SlowTon Dog Car Harness||See It On Amazon|
|4||Mighty Paw Dog Seat Belt||See It On Amazon|
|5||Lukovee Dog Car Harness||See It On Amazon|
|6||AUTOWT Dog Safety Vest Harness||See It On Amazon|
Car Harnesses for Dogs in 2023 Reviews
1. Kurgo Tru-Fit Crash-Tested Dog Harness
If you are searching for the best car harness for your dog, look no further. You probably won’t find a car harness this cheap and filled with all of these benefits at the same.
Here is why you should choose Kurgo Tru-Fit:
- Crash-Tested: This is one of the few dog car harnesses that have been crash-tested and certified using (FMVSS) 213, yet, it has a modest price that’s hard to match.
- Comes with a seatbelt: Not all car harnesses come with seatbelts but Kurgo Tru-Fit is the exception. yet, if you need a longer one, you can buy it separately here.
- Supports multiple sizes: Plenty of sizes are available to choose the best fit for your dog.
- Can withstand large dogs: up to 75 pounds, or around 35 kilograms in the metric system.
- Lifetime Warranty: One of the very few companies that provide you the peace of mind with a lifetime warranty on their car harnesses.
Kurgo Tru-Fit is our top option for this list, there isn’t much to complain about and we suggest it to all of our readers.
2. Mighty Paw Vehicle Safety Harness
one of the best deals for you. It’s not as flashy as other options but it sure is easy on your wallet and your dog will love you for it.
Here are some reasons why Mighty Paw Dog Car Harness is a good option for your dog:
- Reasonable price: Not the cheapest, yet, not the most expensive of the bunch. Mighty Paw strikes the perfect balance between functionality and price.
- Comfortable: Padded with breathable material to provide maximum comfort for your dog.
- Weatherproof: You can feel safe that it can withstand the worst of weather thanks to its trusty material.
- Fits most dogs: With sizes ranging from small to XLarge, you will surely find the right size for your dog.
- Reflective stitches: If you love walking your dog at night, Might Paw reflective stitching illuminates at night, thus helping you see your dog better in dark places.
It’s not all good tho, there are few cons that you should take into account before buying it:
- Not crash-tested.
- The seatbelt attachment is sold separately Here.
3. SlowTon Dog Car Harness
If you have one of the smallest dog breeds, this one is definitely for you. SlowTon is made with small dogs in mind as well as other sizes as well.
Here are some of the reasons why SlowTon is a good buy for you:
- Low Price: This is one of the cheapest options available in the car dog harness products.
- xxx-small size: If you struggled to find a car harness that fits your small dog, Slowton is the one to go for.
- Breathable materials: With soft and breathable mesh chest vest, your dog won’t struggle in fitting in comfortably.
- Easy to put on: You won’t have issues with putting it on your dog as it’s supported with two buckles in the chest area that makes putting it on and taking it off your dog a breeze.
However, you should take into account that there are a few things that aren’t ideal:
- Lack of crash testing.
- No seatbelt attachment is included.
4. Mighty Paw Dog Seat Belt
Perhaps a really good option if you are looking for something affordable, yet efficient and high-grade. MightyPaw has been famous for making high-quality dog seat belts which also has withstood the test of time.
Here is why you should get one:
- Keeps you and your dog safe on a road trip in a car thanks to its sturdy materials that withstand the most energetic of the dogs.
- Highest quality thanks to it being made from the same material as real seat belts for humans.
- A sturdy Aviation Aluminum is one of the best in the market, with the ability to stand up to 850lb of pulling force from the most fierce and powerful of dog breeds.
- The nylon is adjustable on the seat belt, and it allows much more comfortable for your dog to fit in easily to enjoy the ride with you.
- it’s an approved dog seat belt which follows the safety regulations.
When making the purchase decision, make sure you follow the following:
- There is no seatbelt attachment
- Safety tests are of unknown validity.
5. Lukovee Dog Car Harness
Luckovee has been in the market for plenty of time, and with over 1200 positive reviews.
I can’t help but recommend them as a really good option.
- Immensely powerful thanks to the powerful nylon material used in it.
- The two plastic high-grade buckles allow it to be easy to put the buckle on and off.
- The mesh chest is breathable and thus allows for an easy movement for your dog as well as comfort.
- Comes with a seatbelt that can help you feel safer with your dog in the car.
- Affordable and gets the job done.
There are a few things to note:
- it comes with a seat belt attachment that makes it convinet to buy.
- Quite fitting for small dogs and short trips on a low budget.
6. AUTOWT Dog Safety Vest Harness
Our last option is highly affordable and can be a great pick for those on a low budget.
Here is why we recommend it:
- The double mesh fabric design is different, unique, and definitely durable.
- Quite adjustable so you can be sure that your dog will fit.
- You can put the harness on your dog easily thanks to the two buckles on the front.
- it’s a vest, which means it wraps around your dog fully, and thus allows for comfort as well as control for you and your dog.
- Affordable, which makes it a great and efficient low budget option.
Car harnesses are definitely important if you want to keep safe on the roads. They also keep your dog from roaming around in the car causing mayhem. Each dog has different needs, and we have listed the top 6 dog car harnesses you can get with your buck. If there is a product you want us to review, or rather a question that concerns you, leave it in the comments below and we will reply as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.